Mount Everest is the world's highest mountain at 8,848 metres (29,029 ft) above sea level.
Cartensz Pyramid (Puncak Jaya)
Puncak Jaya, sometimes called Mount Carstensz or the Carstensz Pyramid (/ˈkɑrstənz/), is a mountain in the Sudirman Range, the western central highlands of Papua province, Indonesia (within Puncak Jaya Regency).
Vinson Massif is the highest mountain of Antarctica, lying in the Sentinel Range of the Ellsworth Mountains, which stand above the Ronne Ice Shelf near the base of the Antarctic Peninsula.
Kilimanjaro, with its three volcanic cones, Kibo, Mawenzi, and Shira, is an inactive stratovolcano in north-eastern Tanzania and the highest mountain in Africa at 5,895 metres or 19,341 ft above sea level (the Uhuru Peak/Kibo Peak).
Monday, December 12, 2011
Saturday, December 10, 2011
Geography and geology
- Yuhshan Main Peak, 3,952 m (12,966 ft)
- Yuhshan Eastern Peak, 3,869 m (12,694 ft) — 4.5 kilometres (2.8 mi) from Main Peak
- Yuhshan Northern Peak, 3,858 m (12,657 ft) — 3.5 kilometres (2.2 mi) from Wind Tunnel
- Yuhshan Southern Peak, 3,844 m (12,612 ft) — 3.1 kilometres (1.9 mi) from Paiyun Lodge
- Yuhshan Western Peak, 3,467 m (11,375 ft) — 4 kilometres (2.5 mi) from Paiyun Lodge
- Formosan Serow
- Reeves's Muntjac
- Formosan Black Bear
- Formosan Blue Magpie
- Formosan Rock Macaque
- Hemimyzon taitungensis and Varicorhinus tamusuiensis (Oshima) — Two unique fish species living in the Lekuleku River area.
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
In the past, a military training area was built in the proximity of Hehuanshan. The mountain range also features the remains of a ski lift, reportedly used by Taiwan's elite during the martial law period and inaccessible to most people. The unreliability of snowfall has meant that the ski lift was abandoned years ago.
Monday, December 5, 2011
|Crater lakes on Hallasan|
- Gwaneumsa Trail - 8.7 km
- Eorimok Trail - 4.7 km
- Seongpanak Trail - 9.6 km
- Yeongsil Trail - 3.7 km
- Donnaeko Trail - 9.1 km
|A monument at the gate of Seonphanak trail|